View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
Without doing any deep research, any armchair fan of the sport can point out that at least 3 of the 18 UCI World Tour teams are managed and led by dopers...Zabel, Vinokurov and Vaughters of Katusha, Astana and EF. Are we really supposed to believe that these individuals care about rider health and welfare and riding “clean”? When a rider gets popped, they drop him like a bad habit and disavow any knowledge of his issue. Ineos doesn’t count btw, as Brailsford has stated that they are clean so we need to trust him....
A parent strives to keep a child from repeating the mistakes in life the parent made. Maybe I should amend that to say a good moral parent.

I would hope that instinct to care for those that follow applies here.

I realize that perception of any figure in public life is influenced (manipulated?) by the individual, press, press agents, and ever more so by social media. I’m saying that as a qualifier to my next statements.

I wouldn’t trust Vinokurov to manage a pee-wee football team (if such teams still exist) and find it near impossible to cheer any rider on Astana.

I do believe in the sincerity of Vaughters’ motives and actions and enjoy seeing EF succeed.

Naive perhaps