View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Who makes boyd rims. Anyone knows?
Boyd makes their own wheels. coach Boyd is based out of South Carolina and makes some good stuff. makes his own Proprietary now. He's been around since 2009 if I remember right. I bought and used some of his aluminium clinchers when they first came out with their line ups. They were pretty good back then and they have made huge steps forward since then. He prides himself on making quality cycling wheels and takes a huge stand against the cheaper Chinese/Taiwan offerings and the pro's and cons. He is very knowledgeable and customer service is top notch (Or at least it was when I was dealing when them, but I doubt anything has changed). He takes a lot of time aside from running his business to personally reach out to questions that are asked. I remember 2 years ago, I was researching for my a friend of mine. He wanted some carbon wheels and Boyd had just come out with a new line. We had exchanged a few emails back and forth but he became very busy as he was at a show promoting his new wheels. He asked for my number and ended up calling me on a break to go over my questions. Obviously, a smaller company than those of Enve, zipp or Reynolds, but still was super impressed that he took the time to engage wit me on a personal level. Boyd wheels are definitely more popular across online forums and social media than B&M stores. In fact, I dont know if he has the option for stores to carry his wheels. Might just be straight from their site.

Over the time, his prices have gone up to a point that I feel a large amount of first time carbon wheel buyers would rather go with a bigger brand house hold name, but rest assured his products are well designed and made.