View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Couple of random thoughts:

I also ride 50cm bikes. I have ridden many, many bikes of all materials. I have only ridden one bike frame that I could say was entirely too "stiff" and harsh feeling. I have very rarely, if ever heard criticism of a Pegoretti for being too stiff or harsh of a ride, so I wouldnt worry about that factor.

I am curious what makes you think you need 160mm cranks? I obviously don't know you or of any particular fit needs you have, but I'm skeptical of fitters with radical ideas for the vast majority of reasonably normally proportioned people. The big three make 170, 172.5 and 175 crank arms, and I think almost everyone out there should be fine on one of them.

I would never even consider a disc brake Pegoretti.
I agree, I was skeptical about the short cranks, the power numbers and the feel confirmed that it was at least worth a try on the Aethos. As I mentioned to the fitter Zak, just because the pro riders do something that isn't a reason for me but, I do see smaller pros moving to short cranks. Pog and Pids are both on 165 and Pidcock has mentioned going even shorter on his TT bike. I am very broad and I have a gut so the shorter cranks will help with one of those, longer pedal spindles with the other. I have had somewhere around a dozen or more fits in the 30 years I have been buying my own bikes, this was far and away the best one I have had. I am not really proud of it but I was able to put a hurtin on my wife on our ride the next day just because of the gains from the fit