View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 09:10 AM

Porsche cars are somewhat reliable... They say there's upwards to 70% of the original cars still on the road, and that's not because or reliability. That's because Porsche owners have good mechanics, and cherish keeping service records.

Having "Engine out" service to fix common issues isn't reliable. A Honda is reliable. I know people who won't drive their old 911's over 100mi (Towing distance) because something will break and will ultimately be an expensive fix.

That being said, I'm in the market for a 997.1/2 Carrera 4S manual. I always wanted a 997 GT3 until my best friend bought one. It's such a raw car and hard to live with. For the price he paid for the car, it's not a vehicle you can just hop in and drive daily. The noise, rattles and level of attention of shifting the gearbox makes it a hard $100,000 pill to swallow as it sits in the garage most of the time.

If I can get my hands on a 991.1 GT3 with the 10yr enginer warranty, that would be the ultimate. PDK makes sense in that car. It's so large and PDK makes the car a daily driver