View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 08:22 AM
Junior since 05

★ Chris King Titanium NoThreadSet™ headset 1-1/8” ★

★S★O★L★D ★
Up for sale is a nowadays pretty rare Chris King Titanium NoThreadSet. It always was quite exotic since it was pricey and only got at most one production run per year - the titanium was not kind on their tooling. Two or three years ago Chris King stopped the production completely and it seems unlikely that they will ever do another run. I bought the headset like 15 years ago, it came with a black top cap back then. Approximately 10 years later Chris King offered a matching polished titanium top cap included in the last two or so production runs. It was also available separately so I upgraded mine to full Ti specs...
This is what Chris King had to say about this fine headset:

"The rare strength and luster of Titanium is combined with the precision performance of our NoThreadSet™ headset in a limited edition offering that is truly special. Our NoThreadSet™ Titanium headset is a strong and beautiful expression of our legendary headsets.
★ Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
★ 10-year built-to-last warranty
★ Legendary made-in-house bearings
★ The added strength and unmistakable finish of Titanium
★ Patented GripLock® retention design for dependable headset adjustment (US.
Patent 8662517) (1-1/8” only)”

I added the following info which applies to the very headset for sale:
★ For 1-1/8” straight steerer tube
★ 31mm stack height
★ 102 grams
★ Titanium baseplate
★ Titanium headset bolt
★ Titanium stem cap (!!!) - never used.

Okie dokie.
Looks stunning whatsoever but really kills it in combination with a polished ti stem and/or frame... Very nice condition, everything is straight and the bearings
run smoothly. Asking ★ $375 ★ (SOLD) for this rare bird. That includes shipping - tracked + insured. Payment via PayPal (goods NOT friends n family). I live in and will ship from Sweden - so shipping will take 4-6 business days (says Swedish postal services) my experience is more like 10 business days - that was pre Corvid though... I have been a member here for ages, dating even back to the original Serotta forum but only upgraded -lazy poster- lately to be able to post ads in the classifieds section. I sold some Brooks leather bar tape to ‘brownhound’ last summer though with great success...Don’t think he ever left me a feedback though - i sure asked him...

★ I also posted this on the Swedish bike forum ‘happy ride’ and copied the picture links from there. I use the same alias there...
★ AND the dark smudge on the inner side of the lower cups is just some dirt...probably explains why it couldn’t make the proclaimed 102gr on my scale...

★S ★O ★L ★D ★

★S ★O ★L ★ D★

Last edited by harzkristall; 02-27-2021 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Sold