View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 06:53 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Pappy 25 is great, the best bourbon I've had. But you can get 90% of the quality for one tenth the price with other brands.

In other words, no, it ain't worth it. Spend too much to get the ounce and a half at a bar for a special occasion, don't bother with the bottle.
if you cannot afford it or do not want to afford it then pass. if that $1600 is in your budget and you would appreciate being able to own it and drink at will then buy put your name in the hat.

A $1600 will sell for 3x at a bar. over simplifying 3 x $1600 = $5,000 divide by 25 one ounce pours that's $200 each.

So for the bar price of 8 pours, you could own the bottle.

the bigger issue is when you have a bottle that you paid that much, it make most people hesitant to enjoy it. so they own it and just look at it because they are worried about finishing it, which is counter -intuitive but the reality since most bottles like that no one will ever be able to buy again. make no mistake thoguh - not life changing. do you have some friends you could split the bottle with?

I was in Alabama for the first time last June (Birmingham). The ABC store idea was really strange to me, and this after I got over the nuances in NH, GA and Oregon.

I did go to Top Golf and eat at Highlands. I wish I could have made it out to that place where it was a reconverted factory with a brewery. forgot the name.

Here, one can buy beer, wine and distilled spirits in a grocery store or a liquor store. Of course prices are all over the place but you can buy anywhere at anytime.

Last edited by pdmtong; 08-04-2019 at 06:57 PM.