View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 09:50 PM

What are you Minneapolis people doing this week?

Im here on a business trip and holy crap it’s cold. I complain about the cold back home sometimes but I don’t know cold compared to this. On Wed it’s supposed to hit a 20 year historic low..something like -50 degree windchill. Im here until Thurs and if I see someone outside on a bike, I’d normally go bow down with the I’m not worthy schtick, but then I’d have to leave the hamster tubes...so I’ll stay in this little self contained store/business/eatery/hotel biosphere knowing that the only time I’ll have to go outside again is the 20 foot walk to get into the cab leaving for the airport. Yeah, I’m not so tough...

- I’ve noticed that when it’s this cold, the snow doesn’t really pack down. It’s too cold for the merger of frozen water molecules. It just gets shuffled around from place to place...like flour or powdered sugar...as if there was no liquid state..it’s just this fine white powder everywhere. Is it even possible for kids here to make snowmen or get into snowball fights when it’s like this?

Last edited by Wayne77; 01-28-2019 at 09:55 PM.