View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 AM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelman View Post
Even still, I want to be clear that I wasn't accusing Ray of antisemitism. I was suggesting that his hatred of the Fed seemed to be blinding him to the implications of the lousy rhetorical company he was keeping.
Yes, I know you were not accusing AR of antisemitism. No worries.

It just seemed that with some of mini pile-on going on against AR's anti-FRNs rhetoric, there was a desperate attempt to strengthen the case against AR by besmirching his argument in suggesting an overtone of antisemitism. And in fairness, AR's use of certain quotations just might leave the door ajar to opportune an accusation of antisemitism.

To get back on point to the Fed Reserve topic:

I read the catechism for anti-Fed Reserve dogma in the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve" by G. Edward Griffin. The key movers and shakers in the creation of the Fed were J.P. Morgan and Senator Nelson Aldrich. I do not know of Aldrich's religious affiliation but J.P. Morgan was a prominent Episcopalian. So the ire might be better directed not at the ethnicity of the Rothschild's but attributed to "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism" as studied and rationalized by Max Weber.