View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:22 AM

THe 1st thing the op needs to do is to measure the wheelbase of those bikes, big chance the derosa-ish has a longer wheelbase, 1 or 3 cm makes a difference in the handling.

That stiffer is better to me is a marketing thing, too stiff and the wheels wont take it and you lose power there.

THe other detail is that some frames likes you seated further back than other ones, and yes steel and carbon feel different but there is a detail tho...the problem you have IMO has nothing to do with the material used, there is a chance it is a thing of you being seated in the bike (fit), you are in the wrong spot because the bike wants you somewhere else, the other big detail IMO is that the tubes in that derosaish are so different to anything like regular SL/SLX/MAX/EL-OS/etc tubing columbus made before that the frame reacts in another way when seated in the wrong spot. Speculating here because I doubt i will have the frame you have ever you know.

There is an article of a guy that got a c40, felt dead... after a long time realized he got the wrong frame size (had to go smaller to have the bike to feel like everybody feels it)... wheelbase was tad too long apparently... colnago wheelbase is longer, you fit more over the wheels than over the frame.

Hope this helps, it sucks when you put your coins in something it should work and nothing happens, been there and since you race apparently you are just used to have bikes behave one way, a non racer 70 y/o wont care if the bike feels like an 18 wheeler... ex racer here so I know where are you comming from, because I had my share of top tier stuff that did not work for me either, but in general even getting the wrong size with regular steel tubing (classic stuff) never had the problem you are describing but maybe with 1 colnago master i got when i was 16... had to return it and went back to my custom SL frame. Had an EM aluminum frame, apparently was the right size... did not work, just the same than you... a pinarello prince aluminum... same, just dead... took me years to figure it out that probably got the wrong size... doubt will try them again anyways, so hard to tell if im right or wrong in my conclusions.

Move the seat like 5 mm back and see how it feels (my hunch).