View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 AM

No, NOT Rita. Rita and ann TOGETHER.
* where do you live? Havana, Florida. 10 miles south of the Georgia border, 14 miles north of Tallahassee (capital of Florida), 2 hours west of Jacksonville, 2 hours east of Panama City. Live in the country on 20 acres (10 are for sale), and can be at the beach in 1 hour. We've got the 4 seasons (it's suppose to be 27 degrees on Thursday), but not as severe (no snow). Cycling paradise.
* explanation of your handle: RA capital R, capital A. Back in the 80's, I swam with a guy on a Master's team who kept calling me Rita. After 100 times asking him to please call me Ritaann, he said "From now on, it's RA!" It stuck.
* explanation of your avatar: Learning this year how to descend on my bike...without fear.
* age (general or specific): Feel better than I did at 25. Knees feel 99 at times. But, I'm 49. My 50th birthday is in less than 3 weeks. Presents? You're sending me another bike?!?? (See below)
* occupation: Self-employed Licensed Massage Therapist since 1986. I also work in my local bike shop to support my "habit". I've been attending college, off & on part-time, since 2000. They'll be naming a hall after me by the time I complete this degree.
* favorite bike: My Legend Ti...sweet. Well, except for the decal scratches from my encounter with dogs in 2003.
* what's in your stable? Legend Ti 2003 I seem to be the only one with ONE bike! (See above) Actually, I still own my old Trek 2300, which was way too small, but I loaned it to a new rider.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 48 mph in north GA, on a downhill w/ switchbacks, during 6 Gap, in the mid 90's.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 8,001 in 2003. I'm at 9250 for 2004, trying for 9500, but other responsibilities come first right now. Projected goal for 2005 is 10,000 miles. I've committed my miles to raising donations of $1.00 per mile for $10,000 for the Davis Phinney Foundation.
* picture of yourself or your ride? I believe BBDave put one from the open house on the board. If you go to my shop's website, click on Shop Rides, then on "1st Timer Program", scroll down, there's two recent pictures w/ two of my new riders. (I have the DPF jersey on.)http://www.bikesunshine.net
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
What's in your future work plans? Job security, plain and simple. I want a position motivating people, to stop sitting on their duffs and think "goals". Think big...If you think it, believe it, see it...YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT! Benefits would be nice w/ said job...I pay $400 a month for (self-employment) health insurance and in 3 weeks (50), it's going up. %^%#(@*$&
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "You don't bike? Ummm, thank you anyway, I have a commitment Friday night. Ahhh, do I have plans Saturday night? Yes, oh yes, commitments all weekend."
* and, something fun: At the end of a hectic day, my son is going to bed, no interruptions, we read the daily comics together and then say prayers...best part of my day.

Last edited by RABikes2; 12-13-2004 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Link to shop