View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Ride 'yer bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall
We need Paul and Phil color commentary to go with that comeback TiDesigns

OK, maybe it's not so much that I'll need the excuses, but having fast wheels means you don't have 'em when you need 'em.

Want color commentary? (feel free to translate this into Phil for those who speak it):

A group of us was heading up to the Acton town line - most of us know exactly where the town lines are. There's a left turn, a short steep section of hill and then a gental rise for about 100 meters to the line. I'm on a 27 pound fixed gear (they don't call it a SteamRoller for nothing!) with cross tires on, sitting in expecting to get launched out the back in the charge for the line. Then I see an early attack going up the outside, so I grab the wheel and I get pulled clear. With the gear I was turning I knew I had to put in the attack on the steep section, otherwise nobody would noticed that I attacked. I got around him and held off rest of the group to the line. As we rolled up to the next stop sign the guy who went early - with a set of Zipp CSC wheels on his bike said "well, these aren't my race wheels". One of my riders said "dude, you just got beat by an old guy on a steel pig with tractor tires".