View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fat_and_slow View Post
BTW, what lugs did you use?
Long Shen made the lugs. Materials all came from Framebuilder Supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzy View Post
I'm interested to read that the teacher let you choose your own tubing. I have read that some make everyone use the same tubeset, presumably for ease of tooling/mitering and heat application.
That was definitely a plus to this course. I didn't want anything heavy or "un-special" to me. That being said, there are some materials that are probably not ideal for just starting out, and everyone brings different skills or competencies to a class. It may be easier for some teachers to use a standard format than a personalized curriculum. You may not feel as precious toward the outcome if you don't get to have your fingerprints on all aspects of the class, but the skills you learn should be the same.
Also, I specified that I wanted to learn about the planning phase just as much as the build phase, so choosing tubes, lugs, etc. was part of that. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to build in the first place, but I did make some informed changes to the initial idea having had to do this research.

Last edited by coreyaugustus; 07-04-2020 at 01:50 PM.