View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 06:35 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
The packaging includes 4 new style ferrules, the inline FD cable tension adjuster, and what looks like an old style ferrule. I think the following is the intended design but would like to confirm.

Old style ferrule goes in the larger diameter side of the inline FD cable tension adjuster.
New style ferrules go into the downtube cable guides, and on either side of the final piece of RD cable housing -- entering the RD and on the DS chainstay braze-on.

Also, what's your preference for placement of the FD cable tension adjuster? I'm thinking just ahead of the downtube cable guide, before the housing starts to bend toward the bars. Or, given that I have downtube cable tension adjusters, should I just forgo this addition?

Thanks
Like dddd, I'd recommend NOT using the inline cable adjuster. It doesn't
'hurt' to use it but it's not necessary..
When in lowest gear..small ring and biggest cog in back. Adjust FD so outer cage parallel to big ring, and inner cage just tickling the chain. Pull cable TIGHT, push down on thumb button, and secure to FD cable fixing bolt. THEN turn inner limit screw OUT a wee bit. This will make the cable TIGHT and also get the chain off the FD inner cage..shift down to smallest cog in back..3 clicks of LH shifter..gently..chain to big ring..outer limit screw just touching stop..done. Campag requires the cable be TIGHT..why the adjuster but you can make it TIGHT with the above.