View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
gotcha. and by incredibly easy to get perfect milk, i presume that it was almost "second nature" and didn't require too steep a learning curve.

the other thing i'm considering is to pay for lessons on steaming and latte art

i mean, eff it, i'm already paying lessons on how to ride a MTB properly; surely doing a latte art would have greater utility

how did you learn to do latte art? i surmise from one of your previous posts that you are a barrister, but were you also a barista?

if it comes down to expensive machine makes foaming consistent milk easy, well, again, eff it, i might just bite the bullet, though I think i'll likely buy used

------------------------------------------

speaking of buying used, any particularly good machines to get, where i can buy at say 3-5 years used, skip the depreciation, and still get 20 years out of it?
I can't comment on latte art cause that really takes skill/practice, but in terms of getting perfectly steamed milk, it was almost second nature. Just followed general guidelines you can see on youtube, get some air incorporated and stretch it to temp, really easy and fast. But gain, very expensive machine (to me, anyway). I think current prices here in Canada are about $2400.