View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:40 AM

ride report

I decided to take the C-RS out for a 20 miler today because tomorrow's weather report looks questionable. I'm pleased with the bike. It's very stable, as you would expect with Colnago's usually large trail. The bottom bracket and new Chorus crank make for a stiff combination that works well for climbing out of the saddle. I rode as slowly a 6 mph up one hill and had no problems holding a straight line. I didn't go to the big hills where I often descend up to 45 mph, but I've got no doubt that the bike wil be stable at those speeds. I'm anxious for more, but my old body isn't.

I've got all new parts on the bike, but used a lot of the same parts that I did 10 years ago. I have three leftover Fizik Gobi saddles that I picked up, probably 10 years ago, right after a redesign ruined the new model for me.

The stem is a Ritchey 4-axis, 110mm with a -6 degree angle. I had been using a -17, but decided that my old body needed a little higher bar.

The post is an FSA with 25mm of setback and the 2-bolt rocker style clamp that allow very fine angle adjustment.

Bars are Easton EC-70 carbon, that are quite a bit cheaper than the EC-90.

The bar tape is my favorite Deda that really is about 10 years old. I had two rolls of red and two rolls of black that I bought sometime before 2010.