View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I have, and still use a lot of fancy equipment; and no one’s answers here are wrong of course; but I have found a real love in the last few years for pour over brewing. Once you get your proportions and routine down; it’s dead simple; repeatable and enjoyable. You can get away with a cheaper grinder for pour over too with the coarser grind that it requires.

With pour over, the single biggest factor is good fresh beans.

IMO; of course.
if you are at home, i agree pourover is superior to aeropress. for camping and travel, aeropress is the winner.

there is something so satisfying every morning about the routine and even meditative qualities of the pourover. and the cleanest cups possible result from this style of brewing. as mentioned above, a filter can absorb some oils, but the majority of this can be mitigated by simply pre wetting the filter, which also simultaneously warms your vessel. i no longer like the particulate matter from a french press in my coffee. i much prefer the clean cup and enhanced mouth feel of pourovers. aeropresses can make a lovely cup, but they can also make a pretty bad cup from time to time, and you (probably) have to add water.