View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptStash View Post
You crack me up Peter. Twenty-five years on merchant vessels, after being edumicated at Cal Berkeley then California Maritime - all of it except cadet shipping on tankers. The last seven years were as Master (captain to youse there landlubbers) on ships ranging in size from 91,0000 tonnes deadweight to 191,000 tonnes. Add twenty or thirty thousand tonnes to get displacement for them when they were fully loaded. Most of my time as Master was spent on the U.S. West Coast in the Valdez trade, although I did spend some time in the Gulf of Mexico when I relieved Duke (another stellar Paceline member) on the 91,000 tonne Panamx tanker. I got to take her through the canal and back to the U.S. West Coast. I also made a few trips back and forth to the far east and Singapore.

These days I, like Duke, am an industry sponsored tanker safety smartypants conducting safety inspections as required by the oil companies for the ships to be employed.

Plus I kill it on Talk Like a Pirate Day and have been known to swear like a merchant seaman when required.

CaptStash....
Arg...I, too, can swear like a sailor, just ask my grand daughters..thanks..

Found the Fitz sailors, BTW-too bad..all onboard.