View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Well I've had my custom Galaxy MTB shoes for a month now.
I'm happy with them. Alejandro was the person working with me, my measurements and my design.
As a reference for off the shelf, I have a pair of Lake CX330 wide, size 43.5 which fit OK.
I've tried Sidi Mega 43.5 and Northwave 43.5 which were close but just didn't work.
Upper material seems to be a synthetic leather and very high quality. So far holding up quite well.
Sole is extremely stiff. As stiff if not more than my custom D2 road shoes. It is a bit thicker than my D2 soles however.
ATop dials work well. Tighten just like Boa but you turn in the opposite direction to loosen - ie do not pull up. They loosen a bit with a about 1/8 turn backwards and loosen completely with about a 1/3 turn backwards.
Rubber toe area protection is nice to have.

As for sizing, they seem to run a half size large.
Alejandro had me pegged as a 42.5 or 43. Said I could probably do with regular wide but I could do "special wide" if I wanted.
Since I am paranoid about tight fitting shoes, I went with 43 and special wide. I think I could have lived with 42.5 and regular wide.
The upper volume was a bit more than what my feet need so I added a Dr Scholls odor eater and replaced the insoles with my Birkenstock ones. The insoles they came with were also good quality but I like more arch support. The custom shoes do have the option to be made with a lower volume upper. I'm a bit surprised I was sized as regular for this measurement.

I would get another pair when my D2s wear out. I'd prob go for 42.5, regular wide and one size down on the upper.

Seems like they can apply almost any type of graphic so I slapped on my logo. They will do up one proof file. If you want more modifications then they ask for payment first which is fair IMO.

For $400 CAD, they are a bargain for custom shoes. I got sick of searching and trying off the shelf stuff that didn't work in the end.

This is how they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
Long term reviews from anyone who’s posted on this thread?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luck Galaxy.jpg (47.7 KB, 300 views)