View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Depression is a very serious issue, and too many folks out there don't the get treatment then need.
This. There is a stigma to mental issues that not only seems to not be going away, but seems to be increasing. I have a niece (wife's side) who has been hospitalized twice, once not of her own free will as it was deemed she was a danger to herself, and there is this cloak of silence that shrouds the entire situation by her family, like it'll make THEM look bad. It's not about them. This is a college student who is a beautiful girl, extremely intelligent and creative, excels at sports etc etc. You want to scream when you hear oh what is their problem, they have the world by the balls, popular, gorgeous etc., yeah well obviously they didn't feel that way about themselves, and with no treatment it tends to end badly.

Part of $200M would do better if it went to treatment facilities, docs etc.. Just my opinion.

I think most of us have been closer than we'd like to be, for whatever reason. Something as seemingly benign as losing a job, seems like it just sucks but for some not having a purpose can be that trigger. The human mind is more complicated than can be fathomed.

Last edited by binxnyrwarrsoul; 01-11-2018 at 08:47 AM.