View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Man of Many Words

* real name - Greg
* where do you live? - Grapevine, TX (Suburbs of DFW)
* explanation of your handle - an old friend took to calling all his friends xman, where x is the letter of one's first name. My wife simply calls me "G" now.
* explanation of your avatar - void, like my brain
* age (general or specific) - 45 (last week)
* occupation - Global IT Infrastructure Manager, Lehigh-Hanson/HeidelbergCement Group
* favorite bike - Their all my favorites, that's why I have them
* what's in your stable? - Serotta Colorado AL, Serotta HSG Ti (new as of this week and YET UNRIDDEN), Specialized Langster fixie, Lemond L'Alpe Duez, Guerciotti Road, Guerciotti Track, Mongoose Omega (to be built), Cannondale M700, Cannondale T3000.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - somewhere in the mid-50s, Tour of Illinois RR in 1990. Somebody up front put the hammer down whilst screaming down a steep hill into the river valley
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - only about 1500 last year, which is about 4,500 shy of the previous two years. Two job relocations in the last year...fun stuff
* picture of yourself or your ride? - nah, nobody wants to see that...
* make up and answer at least one additional question - How many cyclists does it take to piss off the average disgruntled motorist? (I think we all know the answer to this already).
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - I like my job.
* and, something fun - my 4-year-old daughter...all the fun I could ever have asked for.