View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 PM
ZhugeLiang

As I support and argue against the "other side", I thought it's also important that I come clean with some personal anecdotes and speak the truth...

I was maybe 4-5 miles into a group ride when the ride leader who is right behind me commented..."Er...weisan, I didn't see that you have your water bottles on the bike..." That's when I looked down and..."Oh M$hit". So I had to turn back and go back to the car and chase for like an hour + before I catch the group. During that hour + of chasing, I had ample time to ponder over the fact that prior to discovering my water bottles were not with me, I truly felt that my bike was behaving a bit differently from usual...it was more lively and responsive when I stood up and sprinted up a hill or accelerate...I don't think that's placebo effect. It truly made a difference without those additional full water bottles on the bike. Now if only I can figure out how to hire a support crew everytime I head out for a ride who will hand me water or fix my flat.....

Also, I ransacked my whole garage just to make sure I am not hiding any weight weenie part before the UCI inspectors show up....well, I did find one that I brought back from the co-op a while ago hiding in the corner but rest assured the evidence was promptly destroyed so we should be good now.

Last edited by weisan; 09-26-2018 at 08:57 PM.