View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I was 34 years old at that time. I had a C'dale sport touring model of some sort, light blue metallic, with the longer chain stays. I had a rack on the back, with a kiddie seat mounted to it, to take the little one out on a ride around Richards-Gebaur Air Force base. At that time, the former military housing was converted to civilian housing.
Your frame was probably what Cannondale called a touring bike but was more representative of what we refer to as sport touring now. All the early Cannondale touring bikes used caliper brakes. The first touring model to use cantilever brakes was the 1986 ST800 but for several years after that the 2nd and 3rd level touring bikes still used calipers. Yours might have been a 1985 ST400, which was a 600EX bike with oddly chosen 45/50 rings. The color was called Continental Blue. Here's a poor pic of mine that at least represents the color well. I kept the 600 crank and calipers but changed the rings. Have it set up as an all surface bike with CX tubulars and 7 speed indexed bar end shifters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1985 ST400 Thomas Cemetery - .jpg (44.3 KB, 95 views)