View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
I had an aluminum Cyfac in the early 00s and can vouch for its credentials as a superb all around machine with excellent ride properties. I miss it as it met its demise with a collision with a deer that broke the frame in half and did its level best to do the same to me. I think the 80% number is high, but in that time period around the turn of the century it was still amazing how many teams Quillon outfitted entirely, and there were many individual bikes outside of the normal team structures. He made the Peugeots for Festina, the MBKs for Cofidis, the Cyfac for Jean Delatour just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, Francis Quillon has retired. As an additional note Laurent Brochard’s brother was a frame builder at Cyfac and his sister in law worked in the office.

I thought that was a bit high too, but that was the number given to me by one of the owners at the time. Here's from the french bike encyclopedia:

https://encycloduvelo.fr/cyfac/

..."almost all French pros from 1980 to 2000, but also Chiappucci, Millar, Frankie VDB, and Pantani, all rode Cyfac bikes." So whether it's 80%, 60%, 50%, it's still pretty impressive.