View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 09:43 AM
Back At It!

awesome insight!

So, if i read Josh's post correctly, they actually like being an Amazon retailer? I say that as it seems to financially work out better in the end for them, I think?

Maybe I missed something though..

I can get what Josh is saying about scumbags bringing back severely used items.. when I worked part time at the Performance store in San Diego, I had a guy try and return a set of tires that were clearly used for a several hundred miles (prob 1000+), maybe had 30% use left on them.. I asked my manager what I should do as the complaint was "they didn't work for me".. the manager said take them back and give a full refund. I did and then asked my manager why we would do such a thing? His response was that that set of tires cost the company less than the possible loss of customers/reputation if that customer went online/etc and badmouthed the store and cost future sales. While frustrating, I can understand his point.. I can also see and support 100% Silca's store credit return policy.. just amazing what folks will do to try and game the system..