View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 10:15 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
Did you say.... Alan!

But back to the topic at hand. CT recently stated in a podcast that this groupset was make or break for Campy, and that if it wasn't a hit then the company's future was uncertain. Based on what Velocipede has posted so far it looks like they spent their financial, creative and intellectual capital smartly.

Love the graphics, and the gearing is incredibly well thought out. The 10-42 (SRAM) or 11-46 (Shimano) range was always perfect for gravel applications, but the jumps in the middle were too jarring for everyday riding. The addition of two cogs should help a ton.

Wonder if the larger pulley wheels are there to offset some of the additional drag from the 9 and 10t cogs. Can't wait to see the bikes this gruppo is spec'd on.

Oddly, a guy in the UK who REEEEEEALLY hates Campy made a similar comment a few months ago. Even saying that Campy would be sold to SRAM.

First thing first... Campy is not going anywhere. They might not have a massive market share. But they own multiple manufacturing facilities in Italy and other countries including Germany and Romania. They are a BIG company.

Second, they have A LOT of money. The Campagnolo family, Campy and the bike division is tiny compared to what they own. They own so much real estate that if they sold the bike division, they could live happily for a 100+ years. They are doing just fine.

Third... LOOK AT THAT GROUP!!! It's beautiful. They crushed it. From the leaks to the extra time they had to the accessories they are offering. It's the total package. Compared to what Shimano and SRAM have in the way of 1x, Campy has it all. Yeah, SRAM has Zipp and Shimano PRO. Great. But Campy has the durability, the repairability, the looks, the options in the EKAR kit.

Anyways. My 2 cents but I think I'm right on the last one. First two, I know those for facts.