View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I have said it before though, the campy hydro system is my favorite of the 3, it brakes amazing and with the ergo hoods which are the most comfy (and no I have not tried GRX) it is just so nice.

Now. Give me a gravel 2x groupset because I don't want anything to do with 1x probably ever again (that said this group might make me re-consider at some point).
I have not tried Campagnolo hydraulic braking yet but I'm intrigued and have read only positive reviews. That said, I can vouch for the excellence of Shimano's GRX hydraulic brakes and the ergonomics of the Di2 GRX levers, which are also superb. The 2x GRX is great stuff but I actually like the idea of the 1x13 here. The gravel roads I did in Michigan have constant up and down on short, sharp rises and there's a lot of shifting going on between the two chainrings. For the first time in my riding life I sort of wish for a 1x system. I've not used one in the past and this 1x13 has my attention.

My Zanconato has been crafted for electronic shifting only so I can't try this groupset on that bike.

This is a groupset that looks really well considered and I hope Campagnolo can gain some market share back.