View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
that VAR-decided penalty for Viola was utter s***e. So close to the armpit, accidental, etc etc. You must have had a helluva time watch it; that was a nail-biter of a game. I'd be knackered watching it if i weren't a neutral

Didn't realize we'd have a 6-pointer at the top so early. Perhaps we'll get three teams jousting for the scudetto this year. Something tells me that Conte may just be a bit too shrewd for Sarri. Not sure about relative strength against Ancelotti though
Ref and VAR had a terrible game. The rule states that a handball must be a deliberate handling of the ball. Zielinski had his arm out fighting off the defender behind him. The ball was kneed up and under his arm. VAR confirmed.

2 other major occasions where the Ref didnt consult VAR: Mertens trip which resulted in a PK, and at the very end of the game Ribery was pulled down inside the box. Both major assists to Napoli so I am very happy, but clearly the lack of consistency will become a problem.

The Viola's new owner (Columbia grad) was at the game. Their new shirts have his cable company's name on the front - I liked the old Save the Children kit.