View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
A drive up Hwy 1 to Ventura (beach); then east on Hwy 33 to Ojai (beautiful); then south on Hwy 150 (stop at Boccali's Ojai (not the Oak View location) at 150/Reeves Road for pizza/beer); then back to Pasadena (150 to 126 to 5-South to Pasadena), is a great, if day-long drive. Beach, California oaks, and pizza is not a bad combo.

In Pasadena, since you like Arts and Crafts architecture, the Gamble House, Greene and Greene is a must-see. You can visit the outside/grounds any time, but call ahead to see when they offer tours of the interior.

In Santa Monica, the other iconic LA home must-see is the Eames House. As above, one can visit the grounds any time, but you must call ahead for interior visits/tour.

I agree with beeatnik re: Long Beach, and the 2 restaurants. Good, but nothing so great unless they are convenient to you.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Adding in Boccali is brilliant. Amazing mom and pop Italian food. And, the drive is one I have done many times in my Porsche.

Not sure I agree with Beatnik on many of his takes on things. I think because we are one or two generations apart. I'm old. But again, this is what is so amazing about LA. It is very diverse.