View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 02:22 PM

This is what is posted on MA web site under the list of exemptions. I didn't feel stopping for a bike ride conforms with the intent, but it's surely debatable. Since I'm headed to CT anyway, simplest case is stay in the car through RI. Heck, it's not like driving across TX

Transitory travel: This includes people who are passing through Massachusetts and permits travelers to drive through the State or to connect to their airplane, bus or train, or to stop at a highway rest stop, but this exception extends only so long as is reasonably required for the traveler to complete their transit, make any necessary airplane, bus, or train connection, or make use of travel services such as at a highway rest stop.

Persons Commuting for Work or School: People who regularly commute, at least weekly, outside of Massachusetts to a fixed place to attend school or work or any person who regularly commutes, at least weekly into Massachusetts to a fixed place to attend school or work; provided that in either case, this exception applies only to and from the person’s residence and place of work or school. Workers or students who travel to any place that is not their home state for personal or leisure reasons cannot rely on this exemption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daker13 View Post
I think you're mistaken with respect to quarantine rules. You usually have to quarantine for extended stays, not for short ones, shopping trips, etc. I live a few miles from Seekonk and people constantly pass back and forth between RI and MA for work, etc. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Big thanks to Providence College for jacking up the RI numbers and, because the state's population is so small, putting us over the critical 10 per 100k number so we're on the travel watch lists again...