View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
What he said. "Campagnolo is on the ropes" smacks of ignorance and wears me out.

Need to mention Campagnolo/Fulcrum wheel biz too. I think larger than many others, including Zipp...

Campagnolo has done really well at defining their market and pursuing it aggressively but cautiously. They are NOT trying to be everything to everybody..like Porsche and Rolex..They are a 'premium' brand. If ya want a $1500 road or MTB, look elsewhere. 'Market share' isn't their number 1 priority..Let the 2 's' brands beat each other up and race to the bottom...

Remember, Campag MTB and first gen index shifting(CDA, AB Chorus)?...Valentino was behind that stuff right after Tullio died and I think he remembers those mis-steps pretty well.
"2 years late"...guess some forget a maker who rushed stuff into production, used the consumer as beta-testers, and had not only had a BIG $ recall but also a warranty department awash with claims....conservative is good.
Me too! The whole thing was stupid. And he got called out online. It even made it to Campy USA, UK and Campy HQ it was just so ridiculous. And the guy teaches people in the UK how to be a mechanic. Teaches shop employees! God knows how bad a teacher he really is.

Campy has their market dialed. And conservative is great. Cause look at how good EKAR is. Everyone who's tried it loves it. They might have been late, but like you said, the other S screwed the pooch YUUUUUGE with their brakes. The barrels in The Lab on Kingsbury must've been overflowing. Hell, it killed their IPO launch! So I say well done Campy for being a little late.