View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Windrider

Who are you?

Annual tradition on some other boards....this has never been done on this board. Let's finad out about each other.

recommended format-

* real name, if you like Len
* where do you live? Eastern Shore of Maryland....Flat & Windy
* explanation of your handle D'uh
* explanation of your avatar The seat tube cluster on my Legend
* age (general or specific) 49 1/2 50's coming but I feel 25
* occupation Operating Partner for Private Equity firm
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Ottrott, Legend, Lemond Buenos Aires, and Gunnar Street Dog Fixie. (Oh Yeah and a Sach's on order 50th birthday present to myself)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56, western Tennessee 1988 too fast for me
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4,500 I can only ride on weekends....I travel 5 days/week
* picture of yourself or your ride? Don't really have one...I'll see what i can scan
* make up and answer at least one additional question. The most unusual things that I get from riding are creative ideas for short stories. About halfway thru a 3 to 4 hour ride, I don't know If I get delireous, but I start conceiving complex plots for short stories. Some of my best ideas have come thsi way....talk about the miles going by fast.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I'm really a 72 year old retired librarian from Wook, Iowa who has not been outside in 12 years (oh sorry, that was the lie...or was it?)
* and, something fun. Biking from Fairbanks to Anchorage with my oldest daughter....what a blast.
* How did you find the paceline Forum?*

Len

"One of the largest obstacles to seeing truth......is wanting something too much."

Last edited by William; 07-10-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: * Added by William