View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
Do you have an Ant+ powermeter or will you need to do a dumb trainer set up?

Regardless it would be interesting to see what you see if you select Fluid2 as the classic trainer and then see how Zwift lines up with your powermeter.

For me, with a non-Ant+ SRM powermeter, I have to select classic trainer (Fluid2 until it leaked, now on a Kinetic Road Machine). For the Fluid2 the SRM consistently read 40-50w higher at lower wattages (50-300+) and 100w higher at high wattages (800-1100w). This means if I was going 200w by the SRM (which is very hard for me to sustain) Zwift would say 155w or so. 300w SRM meant 255w Zwift. It was a built-in 0.6-.7 w/kg handicap, which was fine. If the Fluid2 was cold then the power numbers were bang on.

With the Kinetic it's very close but my SRM is now dying a bit so the SRM drifts pretty quickly. Therefore I can't tell how accurate Zwift is relative to the Kinetic. With a new battery in the SRM (on my to do list) I should be able to see how it compares, SRM->Kinetic.

Im doing a dumb trainer + a stages power meter.

I am not taking the feedback too seriously. It seems the power looks a bit low for how much effort Im putting in, but my cadence numbers were much higher, I need to play with resistance a bit I reckon.

It was a fun experience, but other than ridiculously cold (by our Southern California standards - high 30s) weather or rain, I don't think I would use it much, well maybe at night if I didn't get a chance to ride during the day...