View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 06:55 PM

I really enjoy my Cutthroat but it's not a speedy bike by any means. I've had it built with both rigid and 100mm suspension fork and for how and where it gets ridden it's pretty spectacular. I also flat bar'd it for a while and while it wasn't perfect it wasn't horrible. I had a lot of fun on it set up with flat bars.

If I am going out with someone on a Fargo and we're riding a mix of gravel, pavement and single track - it's perfect. If I'm heading out with guys on gravel bikes and we're sticking to that I'll ride something faster like my Open. It's super comfortable though and I ride it often when going out solo.

You can stuff a pretty big front chain ring on them so if you wanted more gear inches you can do that as it'll take a 40t pretty easily. I have a wolftooth oval 38 on mine with room to spare. Stack is pretty high on it (my 58 is like 645) so even slammed it's up there. I've never tried little tires on it, it's been living on 2.35 Mezcals for a while and I think they're pretty great on it and I like them way more than the stock tires it came with.

Cutthroat excels at chunky gravel, steep climbs (with my gearing 11/50 and 38t), loose chunky steep descents, being loaded down and handling well.
Cutthroat isn't ideal for speedy rides with others on "faster" bikes, pavement only (it's high trail) and feeling snappy on paved climbs.