View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I have owned a Cutthroat and like it for single track, winter riding, rougher terrain and comfortable gravel riding. It's a good bike for all of those things. It can do road rides, but it is portly compared to an allroad style gravel bike and especially so compared to a road bike.

I have a Moots Baxter that does all the same stuff, but rides better everywhere compared to the Salsa. That's not a knock on the Cutthroat as it is a very nice and fun bike to ride. The Moots is just the most capable of the drop bar bikes I have had to date and still does pretty nicely on the road.

I just did a 41 mile 3300+ ft gain event on it with a 100mm suspension fork and flat pedals. I am in upstate NY, so early season riding and the bike handled the 46% paved and 54% unpaved ride without a hitch. I had it locked out the majority of the time, but opened the suspension while descending some of the faster slippery sections. The bike rides amazing with a rigid carbon fork as well, but the lightweight suspension fork makes for a bit more fun in the single track. It's one of the most fun bikes I have had to date.

The Cutthroat does the same kind of stuff in a well made package. It is around 22-23 lbs with larger tires and can handle most anything you throw at it. If you can find one that suits you then it sounds like you have the terrain to enjoy it!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
My thoughts on the Cutthroat are here! https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk