View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Update, after about 500 miles now, I've flatted again, up to 3 rear flats on these now. One flat I had to change on the road, and 2 that I put away fully inflated when I got to work only to find them flat at the end of the day when I went to hop on the bike. The rear tire is so cut up that's going in the trash. The front one still looks decent, so I'll save the 3rd tire I bought and the front for some longer rides when I'll be outside the city, going to replace them with some ruffy tuffys I picked up off the forum for fall commuting.

Turns out you can't have it all. These are a great ride, but I think they're just too soft with too little flat protection for true commuting/city riding - ESPECIALLY now that I'm riding home in the dark making it harder to dodge glass. My previous GP4 seasons lasted me 1500+ miles with only one flat and have been moved to another bike for continued life.

Here's the cuts after about 500 miles including the big one (first 2 pics) that goes all the way through:

Last edited by druptight; 11-06-2014 at 10:41 PM.