View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
The belief that all the stuff we buy makes such a huge performance difference is just complete and utter crap. Frames, wheels, ShimSRAMCamp, I don't care what people buy they still finish the ride with the rest of us with the same average mph.

It's crap how much love and loyalty to a fault that we devote to brands in general. People tout how they are smart and didn't drink the marketing Kool Aid and then turn right around and post five pages in a Rapha/Campy/SRAM/Shimano/Assos thread. I see red, green and purple tongues everywhere, Ha!

The belief that Pro Cycling means much to the average and even enthusiast cyclist is crap. We nerds follow it but most don't watch or care. I didn't even watch the TDF this year myself.

It's crap that we argue in efforts to divide ourselves into little camps based on brands and component use when we should work to unify. I mean we wear funny clothes, wear a funny hat with funny shoes, smear creams and oils on our butts and legs and ride a bicycle, A BICYCLE!, for hours to nowhere in sometimes horrid weather and terrain conditions. And we call that fun!

We ain't normal and are a minority. If we're fighting over stupid stuff it just makes it easier to round us up and put us in the back of the van.
I think you need a time out, these viewpoints make sense... I mean they are obviously nonsense.