View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:25 PM

hey thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I think some folks should re-read what OP stated,
"to stretch my purchasing dollar"
Firefly, Moots, No22, etc. are fantastic bikes, but at a huge premium.

Lynskeys are good. I would recommend at least take a look at Dean as well. Personally I think that is more what you are after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino SuegiĆ¹ View Post
This thread is so obsessed-cyclist-heavy (which is of course 100% normal considering the forum we are on).
But come on...Baum, 22, Firefly, Mosaic, etc???
Those and others are all great brands, but mainly for the cognoscenti.
The general or "not as expert" public, which I would think would play heavily into "hold its value best", know nothing about those brands.

A used Moots cannot be beat, imo.
Even in Europe Moots are considered exquisite, with a very special cachet.
NB: also agree w/BobC just above. The title is important.
I read BobC and Dino S. replies and it made me smile because they really understand my sentiments with my original post. I was originally considering a ti frame that didn't come with a huge premium - a cost that covers the unique decals, certain finishes, and custom geometry. I'd like to personally but it seems difficult to resell a any bike at a premium nowadays. But as the thread expanded with many good insights from everyone, the discussion has evolved and gave me a new perspective in what to look for when buying a titanium frame. My spending limit was way lower in the beginning than it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob heinatz View Post
Moots seem to hold their value the best. As already mentioned in numerous posts get a bike that fits and enjoy it.
But if I can get the bike in my size from all brands, is Moots the choice to choose? So far it seems like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
Tom Kellogg is retiring and not taking any new orders as of 8/1/19
Good for Tom. Well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
A Legend ti was just listed in the classifieds that might work if you ride a 57cm.
Yeah it's a beauty. I ride a unfortunate 53...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I just did a little research and it further proves my point. Go to adrenaline bikes and have a look at No22 frame and frameset prices. They are literally half of a comparable Mosaic, 2/3 of a comparable Moots.
I don't see them losing too much value comparably if they hit the used market since the company has only been producing bikes for around 5 years. I know I seem biased since I own a couple of them, but dollar for dollar they are the best deal going for high end titanium bikes IMHO.
Dean and No22 are now on my radar. Thank you.

Does anyone else know much about Dean and No22? It's hard to get a read on the pricing with such a small sample size on the internet. I'm surprised not many people mention LITESPEED at all.

I APPRECIATE all of you. Keep on keeping on.