View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:36 AM

I'd add in that 10 years ago you weren't likely getting a all around/gravel bike with big fat tire clearance, disc brakes, etc.. either.

That's what I'd be ordering if I was getting a Ti bike. It'd be to replace my All City Space Horse and possibly my Trek Domane as well.

I'd be looking for a Ti bike that had a higher performance frame than the Space Horse but not full on racey, carbon fork w/tapered steerer and clearance up to probably 38c, had eyelets for fenders, maybe for a rack. Hydro discs, and I want two sets of wheels... one to run knobby 38s, one to run slick 26-28c tires.

My Space Horse is ~25lbs, the Domane is just under 17lbs.. if I could have a 18-19lb bike not including the fenders that replaced both and was Ti for Ti's great durability I'd be super happy.

Going down to 1 bike wouldn't solve what I get right now though.. I ride the Space Horse in bad weather and leave the fenders on it most of the time and preserve the more expensive stuff on the Domane.. if I built up a super nice Ti bike I'd be riding my #1 bike in all the bad weather.