View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 01:49 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDollarsign View Post
How was the 787?!
I am hopeless when it comes to recognizing or taking notice of planes.

This is the only one I ever care about and the others that either come before or after it are all "er...mehs..."

anyway, back to your question, I don't fly that much so I can vaguely remember what it was like on the last transatlantic flight...but if I were to hazard a guess as to why the most recent one seems to be the "most pleasant" to this date (other than the fact that I left almost all my kids at home and just brought my oldest), I think, there's a combination of things...

1) quieter cabin - I guess it is. seems like I can hear the sound coming out of my cheapo non-noise-canceling earbuds better without to crank it up all the way.

2) better cabin pressurization control - i don't experience as much ear poppin' as I recalled

3) extra leg room - i got the whole row to myself and was able to lie flat---well almost, had to curl up my leg a little to avoid tickling everybody with my toes who is walking down the aisle.

and last but not least...this is coolest part I think. The windows. And I donl't know since when this started using this new technology...instead of the usual flap to close, it comes with this micro-adjustment dimmer button, I thought it was so cool that I even took the before and after pictures, check it out!

This was before our sun got destroyed by the Maltusians

And this.... is Nuclear winter