View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 03:43 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
That's it! Enve is just cashing in on it's name. Nothing wrong with cashing in on their name. But nothing special about this bike either. If the geo fits (and I give them that -- great geometry!), and you have the means get this than the hordes of other bikes out there.

At least the frame is made where they specialize in making carbon frames.
I will speak very generally, not regarding any brand in particular. Like many other folks in these parts, I'm lucky enough to ride/have ridden lots and lots of different bikes. At this point, any modern road (or all-road) bike from a decent brand is going to be fast enough and smooth-riding enough.
I can accomplish the same stuff, within +/-2-3% on my favorite bikes as I can on bikes I really don't like riding (insofar as one can not like riding a bike, but you know what I mean). The difference? Some bikes just feel a lot better to do stuff on than others. 'Feels better' is subjective, but I'm pretty sure that if one would go to a bike shop and test ride 5 road bikes back to back, one would be able to make a definitive choice, even if all 5 of those bikes weighed the same and were the same fast, based on feel.
Okay, if not definitive, at least narrow it down to two finalists!

There's a lot of marketing BS I don't buy (aero is crazy overrated, weight is crazy overrated, material choice is in many crazy overrated), but I believe that an Emonda, TCR, Tarmac, R5, Supersix, Melee, Ostro Vam, so on and so forth, all perform similarly but feel quite different from one another.