View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 09:12 AM

Home Turf - glad you came

Hi-

Cool to see this post this morning. I live 2 miles from Hanover, NH - the starting point for the Prouty (which is named after a nurse, Audrey Prouty, who died of cancer 25 years ago). I've ridden it many times. The last 4 or 5 with a buddy who survived prostate cancer. And then this year and last thinking of my wife who dealt with breast cancer last summer. She did the 50 mile ride this year. I rode with her to the 20 mile sag, and then I took the 100 mile route with some Killington-Pico Cycling Club buddies - many on their Serottas, and she went on with a friend to do the 50. She is the total babe!

I read there were over 1000 first-time participants this year. Awesome. And the fundraising was incredible - over 1.2 million dollars raised.

One of my buddies, Bob Gilmore, a 4-time cancer survivor - and another Serotta owner, has been very involved with the Prouty. Last fall, he rode the Tour of Hope with Lance. He auctioned off a Tour of Hope jersey at the Prouty Saturday, signed by Lance.

It's a great event. Thanks to those of you who rode. It is also just so awesome to see so many cyclists take over the road for the day! What a sight.

Thom
Norwich, VT