View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 AM
ZhugeLiang

jesper pal, I know what you mean, normally you wouldn't see that in my other bikes all set up with Specialized Toupes. Apparently, for the Brooks, it needs a wee bit more tilt to achieve the "hammock" effect and get to the sweet spot. I am still experimenting with it. Yesterday, I rode about 12 miles in rugged trail conditions and it was okay, no real discomfort to talk about.

I made the mistake of setting up a Brook B17 the way I did with my "normal" saddles several years ago and it wasn't nearly as comfortable so I gave up fairly quickly after a couple of rides. It was a brand new saddle and I probably gave up too early before it got broken in and the other factor might have been the "tilt".

This time around, I got a lightly used Brooks from a pal here and it's already been "softened" up before it ended up in my hands and yet still fairly new to provide the opportunity for my butt and the saddle to get "acquainted".

Again, I hear you....still work in progress, but so far, I have made it a lot further than I did the last time with the B17.

And the last thing we have to take into account is that with the current setup, I am sitting a lot more upright than I would otherwise on my normal road bikes, thus the need to get more "sunk" near the back end.

Last edited by weisan; 04-18-2015 at 05:35 AM.