View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
People are offended because art is a valuable commodity and yet can be just a humble banana taped to the wall; it´s an extreme example but art is no longer the whole cathedral ceiling. It´s an epiphany, only thought and idea.
I am not offended: it´s promoting an idea as the most valuable commodity. It´s beautifull.
There is this belgian artist who lives in Mexico, Francys Allys. One of his works is a performance where he carries an ice block for quite some time on the mexican streets till it melts. It´s a brilliant metaphor for the artist work: a sysyphus effort.
it's a cliche...but good art opens you up and fires your mind...folks think that is bs...that's fine...not to be insulting but most folks on here don't know jack **** about art on any level and are totally cynical about these sorta things...like they dont know philo or good lit...if they do, they can speak up...I mean, you want to buy good art...go find thomas kincaids and his light or whatever....I mean, that really is about the level...no sweat...it's a bike forum after all...check out wim delvoye colker...bet you might find him interesting...gothic dump trucks tatted pigs and poop machines etc...solid stuff via real art.

Last edited by cash05458; 12-09-2019 at 06:50 PM.