View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
OP: Would you have purchased the frame at the same price if the seller had disclosed the weight accurately?
absolutely not. It was the tie-breaker of sorts. I may still have bought the frameset, but certainly not at his asking price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Was the seller a lawyer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
My point is you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. So I’m just saying take a poop to fix the weight problem and be done. It’s a bad look for you wax on how you are a victim and need justice. Especially, since a recent post of yours was about not selling to lawyers. I mean how shady is that?
So you took offense to that thread and got personal. Bravo.

I also never said I'm a victim and need justice. Those are your words, not mine. As the barred member of your family can tell you, that's a strawman argument.

I'm merely someone who received an item that does not match up to what the seller described; nothing more, nothing less. This, in the grand scheme of things, is as First World middle class problem (if not upper middle class problem) as things get, and I fully acknowledge what sort of privilege it is to be even able to do this in the first place. Certainly a lot less trivial than someone who in the inspection process of buying a used house determined that there are faults to be remedied and wants the seller to issue an allowance.

I'm here merely to explore options and to seek advice, and I am grateful for the various constructive advice provided. I did not name anyone and purposely provided very little info, and I will not confirm or deny the transaction in question.