View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 11:35 AM
PegoNagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
Jon, thanks for the kind words. I think out of all the youtube videos, there's been one that was the most helpful in terms of cup+pitcher placement. Can't recall where I found it. I found that after watching that video, I was actually able to have the design flow on the surface, as opposed to having most of it sink under the surface and ending up with unworkable foam at the end. I think i'll need to perfect the heart a bit more, and then i could move onto the rosetta.

The coffee grinds themselves is still a bit of a grind (pun intended). Can't really get things dialed in, and shots can vary by up to 10 mL. Out of curiosity, at what time during the extraction (either relative or absolute) should the blonding occur? I think i should also set the pre-infusion a bit longer, as it's currently at 3 seconds.

that's apparently not how it works, at least for some. I was eyeing a Ceado and was told that it's the retailer who does the servicing. Really odd. For this shop, it's just that i'd need to ship it all the way back to Italy to have it serviced, but the pricing is quite attractive

very nice. keep us posted.

also, which retail outlet will you be using?
I am having those problems with foam as well - can you track down the video and post a link?

I will probably get it from wholelattelove.com but most likely thru eBay - WLL has refurbished units listed on eBay where you can make an offer. I am holding out for eBay to have their 10% off discount and then hopefully get it for around $600.

But most likely what will happen is that I will get tired of waiting, will just purchase it thru their website - then the next day the 10% off eBay offer will show up.