View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
This is insane to me.

"Thanks for 3 years of mid-career ring chasing and making us the most loathed franchise in sports* outside of our home city."

Maybe this is just me, but he never felt like an integral part of the team the way that Steph/Klay/Iggy/Dray are. It always felt like he was existing outside that ecosystem, even though the results were tremendous just due to the sheer talent. I do kinda regret that we never really got to see him really mesh with that system and Steph in a way that really maximized all the parts. I realize that sentence sounds insane considering their success. It just feels like there was a certain tension there that was never quite resolved.

He's an incredible basketball player and a very interesting person, and I think there is a story there about the intersection of modern online-ness and fame.

If you haven't listened to the most recent Lowe Post podcast with Jay Williams re: KD, it's a fascinating story.

*non-Patriots division
Heard some whispers that Durant might be suing the Warriors due to the injury, and some of this love is to try and get in front of it. Who knows how real that is.

Also, for sure they'll do the same with Iggy - but they can't until the trade is finalized and he's no longer on the team.