View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
Looney is resigned.

So D lo is obviously gonna take some pressure off Steph but when Klay gets healthy then what? Make D lo have an outrageous year and trade him?

I saw the warriors retired #35 they better retire #9 as well
This is insane to me.

"Thanks for 3 years of mid-career ring chasing and making us the most loathed franchise in sports* outside of our home city."

Maybe this is just me, but he never felt like an integral part of the team the way that Steph/Klay/Iggy/Dray are. It always felt like he was existing outside that ecosystem, even though the results were tremendous just due to the sheer talent. I do kinda regret that we never really got to see him really mesh with that system and Steph in a way that really maximized all the parts. I realize that sentence sounds insane considering their success. It just feels like there was a certain tension there that was never quite resolved.

He's an incredible basketball player and a very interesting person, and I think there is a story there about the intersection of modern online-ness and fame.

If you haven't listened to the most recent Lowe Post podcast with Jay Williams re: KD, it's a fascinating story.

*non-Patriots division