Thread: Need new bibs
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycling Giraffe View Post
I’ve been critical of Castelli in the past, feeling like their products are maddeningly inconsistent (in durability, sizing, and strange choices). I was not a huge fan of the Free Aero Race 4 for many of these reasons. Good fabric, great leg grippers, flimsy (and very short) bib straps, and a chamois that was comfortable, but without much front “junk” protection or coverage and with the foam exposed in the back notch cutout which caused some delamination within a handful of washes. However, I really like their newish Premio bibs, which use a woven Lycra fabric, much improved bib straps, even better leg grippers, and a similar chamois, but without the open notch cutout in the back. Only slight demerit is the chamois still doesn’t have much accommodation for the male anatomy, but otherwise near perfect, IMHO.
I have had several pairs of Castelli bibs and they all were not very good.
The chamois in two if them became very rough and uncomfortable. Actually ripped one of them out and sewed in a replacement so I could get some use out of them. For the money you can do a LOT better than Castelli. I have had good luck with their jackets and socks. The ROS jacket with GoreTex Infinium is brilliant.