Thread: Tight tires
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A View Post
You won't regret it, best $13.50 I probably ever spent in 40 years of cycling. I wish I knew they existed prior to the last 3 or 4 weeks, I'd have bought one long ago. Even if you only have to use it a couple times a year you'll no longer get the cold sweats if you realize you need to change one of "those" tires... just don't get greedy and try to pop to much bead over the rim at one time even though you can now do it, keep it at a couple inches of that last six inches at a time and you'll be looking for an even harder tire to mount. And you'll no longer avoid buying tires you love but that you know are hard to mount...
This.

No more ‘cold sweats’ is right. The Tire Jack just makes that apprehension go away.

My bugaboo combo, at least in the old pre-tubeless days, was Campy wheels (like Neutrons or the older version Nucleons) with brand new Vittoria clinchers. Back then Campy’s rims seemed to be a mm or two larger than pretty much anyone else.

Then again, maybe they were just ahead of the game, setting up their tooling for road tubeless...