View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 02:58 AM

Finally got around to putting together the 2x after being off the bike for a few weeks with an ITband issue.

I'm a clueless beginner bike mechanic, so the switch took me all day, reading and figuring things out.

What didn't quite work is the Red derailleur very slightly contacts the chainstay when resting in the small ring. I do know of a couple of carbon clamps with cutouts in them (to fit the lower bottle mount in between the clamp gap) but thats an option for later on. That would raise the derailleur quite a bit though.

Not quite sure what it is about my chainstay design that positions the derailleur like this, as there's a few online pics of other similar builds (with a 40t large ring) with the end of the cage clearing the chainstay easily.

Took me some head scratching to figure out the positioning of the Carbon Ti X-Pull for best derailleur swing-out/leverage to the large ring.

Anyway, the shifting works really well, now I've fine tuned things.

12-27 in the back, with 40/26 out front. Will also get an 11-26 and a 11-28. Can go up to a 43t large 2x ring with this bcd, but 40t is fine for my riding.

https://imgur.com/a/jViC6fh